BY UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE
December 2018 Newsletter
Extending Knowledge & Changing Lives Food Skills , Five Week Program Sponsored By University Of Delaware
January 7, 14, 28, & February 4, 11 at 10 a.m.
What is Food Skills?? Food Skills provides nutrition education to any limited-resource individual in DE. University of Delaware Nutrition Assistants help you eat healthier for less.
PARTICIPANTS LEARN TO:
As a participant in Food Skills, you will receive:
- Increase variety of foods eaten
- Increase fruit, vegetables, grain and dairy products
- Select, buy, and prepare foods to meet nutritional needs
- Prepare food safely, and stretch the food dollar
- Get the appropriate amount of physical activity each day
- Grocery shopping list
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Food thermometer
- A bag of groceries