DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
September 2019 Newsletter
Nanticoke Senior Center is a life enhancement facility that has proudly served Seaford area seniors for over 40 years.
The Nanticoke Senior Center is seeking a Director of Operations. This position is responsible for the overall strategic planning and operation of the NSC staff, programs, and the execution of its mission, while providing the best possible services to members with the resources available. The general hours for this position are Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4 pm.
- Fiscal management, including operating within approved budget, review and approve all income and expenses regularly, prepare all financial documents for audits, reconcile daily receipts and make timely deposits.
- Approve and monitor employee time off
- Communicate with and attend monthly Board meetings presenting concerns/suggestions in reference to operating the senior center
- Hold weekly staff meeting and provide agenda and minutes to the Board of Directors.
- Supervise employees including coordination and employee evaluations
- Oversee seniors and senior programs and assist with suggestions and concerns
- Oversee DART transportation program and scheduling
- Oversee Outreach program with Kitchen Manager.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and retention of competent, qualified staff
- Applies for and monitors grants for operations and special projects
- Responsible for facility and ground management and arranges for repairs. Initiates review of capital needs and projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college; or two or more years related experience and/or training; or two or more years of supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and QuickBooks
- Mathematical Skills
- Reasoning Ability
- Able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Apply to NSC, P.O. Box 406, Seaford, DE 19973
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASENanticoke Senior Center is an equal opportunity employer.