Nanticoke Senior Center moved to its new 11,000 square foot home on Locust Street in the summer of 2011, and, with the numerous renovations, one can easily see how the facility is intended for life enhancement.
Some highlights of our facility include:
- The facility holds many areas where members can socialize and relax.
- A ballroom allows members to enjoy large luncheons, bingo, holiday parties, presentations, exercise classes, and much more.
- The Nanticoke Senior Center Fitness Center is open Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. so that members can focus on staying active and healthy; it offers treadmills, exercise bikes, free weights, and more.
- The NSC Kitchen is an institutional kitchen which allows staff to provide lunch to members Monday through Friday at noon and send out over 34,000 meals each year to homebound seniors.
- Various rooms in the building can also serve as gathering areas for fun and fellowship.
The National Association of Nutrition and Aging Services Programs
(NANASP) is a national membership organization for persons across the country working to provide older adults healthful food and nutrition through community-based services. Maybe we can put this in the homebound select.
- National Conference of aging - recognizing individuals and organizations empowering every person to age well . Improving the lives of millions of older adults, especially those who are struggling.